Monday, January 3, 2011

What's Happening Now?



2011 has arrived and I hope you all are looking to a year full of hope, promise, and joy! One important decision most of us make when a New Year is approaching or arrives is to make resolutions or goals for ourselves in the New Year. But, how do we encourage and create a plan for our children to do the same? You are never too young or old to begin setting goals and creating a plan for your goals. For the past two years, I have been creating goal and vision boards for the present year. I take the time to write my goals down on index cards and tape them to my goal board. Next I cut out pictures from magazines of things I want to buy from the income I generated as a result of achieving my goals.

Because most children do not have an income, it is best to start with goals of achievement such as reading two - three books a week in order to improve reading comprehension, improving on current math skills, or being more charitable. Once these goals are achieved over a period of time…the parent can purchase small gifts from the vision board that was created by their child.

Take your 2011 to a new level by creating goal and vision boards for you and your children!

No comments:

Post a Comment